- Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment(QCF)
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment (QCF)
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement (QCF)
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (QCF)
- Level 4 Award in Understanding the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (QCF)
- Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (QCF)
These qualifications have been revised and conform to the requirements of the new QCF (Qualifications and Credit Framework). These qualifications are knowledge and competence-based. This means that it is linked to a person having the knowledge and the ability to competently perform a range of tasks connected with their work in their workplace.
The qualifications are assessed and internally verified by our staff in any of the following ways: Observation, Reflective Accounts, Witness statements, Professional Discussion, Questioning, Written assignment, Work Products to mention but a few. Also, former qualifications can also be taken into account (RPL).
The biggest difference between this and the predecessor (V1) is that they are designed to for use by anyone carrying out quality assurance of a learning activity. Practitioner undertaking this qualification may be working in accredited learning, non-accredited learning, the NQF and the QCF.
This is for those who internally quality assures assessors and assessment by sample planning, monitoring and advising on the practice of assessors, but who do not manage the centre or other internal quality assures.
- Unit 1: – Understanding the Principles and Practices of Internally Assuring the Quality of Assessment (6 credits) The aim of this unit is to assess knowledge and understanding of the principles and practices that underpin the internal quality assurance of assessment.
- Unit 2: Internally Assure the Quality of Assessment (6 Credits) the aim of this unit is to assess the IQA candidate’s performance in assuring the quality of assessment from within an organisation or assessment centre.
This programme involves self-directed study, e-learning, workshops and one-to-one tutorial. The workshops/eLearning will cover the topics of the principles and practices of internally assuring the quality of assessment, how to internally assure the quality of assessment and to plan, allocate and monitor work in your own area of responsibility.
Completion of the unit 1 & 2 leads to the Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
You will be provided with a username and password, to log in our online learning platform. You will be able to access your course material, use the online resources and submit your assignments. If you have any queries, you are able to contact your tutor or one of our advisers by email, phone or arrange a virtual meeting (if necessary).
Use of technology is highly encouraged in learning and development. Some assessments can be carried out using Skype, video, webinars or any web conference. Fast track is possible for those who are dedicated to studying at a fast pace, have resources and access to learning opportunities.
These qualifications are available to anyone who is capable of reaching the required standards however you need access to candidates to use to gain evidence of assessment in the vocational area chosen.
There is no minimum duration but the qualification is awarded when you have met the assessment criteria for each unit though we envisage duration of between 4 to 6 months. However, you have up till 12 months to complete the qualification.
Any time (Online)