- Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment(QCF)
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment (QCF)
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement (QCF)
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (QCF)
- Level 4 Award in Understanding the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (QCF)
- Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (QCF)
Functional Skill English gives students practical skills for the modern world and helps them get the most from life, learning and work. It is recognised by employers and most universities as being an equivalent level to GCSEs. This course is for those who do not have a current qualification (e.g. GCSE) in English Language, or whose qualification is more than five years old. These qualifications have been accredited onto the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and are eligible for public funding as determined by the Department for Education (DfE) under Section 96 of the Learning and Skills Act 2000.
It equips students with the necessary knowledge, skills and understanding to use and apply English in everyday life. Gaining these skills will ensure your students can get the most out of their future work and education. Functional English is a separate stand-alone qualification that can be taken whenever your students are ready. Students need to pass Reading, Writing and Speaking, Listening and Communication to gain the qualification.
The Functional Skills English qualification is taught at 5 different levels: Entry 1, Entry 2, and Entry 3, Level 1 and Level 2. The course covers; grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, writing for specific purposes, spelling, structured writing, reading for understanding, formal and informal writing and speaking and listening. Functional English is a separate stand-alone qualification that can be taken whenever you are ready. You will need to pass Reading, Writing and Speaking, Listening and Communication to gain the qualification.
The aims of these qualifications are to develop learner understanding and skills in:
- Speaking, Listening and Communication: take full part in formal and informal discussions and exchanges that include unfamiliar subjects.
- Reading: read and understand a range of straightforward texts.
- Writing: write a range of texts to communicate information, ideas and opinions using formats and styles suitable for their purpose and audience.
You will be assessed in a single, external test (either paper-based or onscreen on demand).
In order to pass this qualification, the evidence that you present for assessment needs to demonstrate that they can meet all the skill standards for all the components of the qualification. The coverage and range determine the standard required to achieve the qualification. On completion of this qualification, you should:
You will be provided with a username and password, to log in our online learning platform. You will be able to access your course material, use the online resources to practice. If you have any queries, you are able to contact your tutor or one of our advisers by email, phone or arrange a virtual meeting (if necessary).
Use of technology is highly encouraged in learning and development. Some assessments can be carried out using Skype, video, webinars or any web conference. Fast track is possible for those who are dedicated to studying at a fast pace, have resources and access to learning opportunities.
You will need to undertake an initial assessment in our centre, to determine which level will be most suitable for you
Exam Only: £70.00
Tuition & Exam: £220.00
It includes registration with the awarding body, assessment and certification.
This is just for you to sit for the functional skill English exam. However, for those interested in tuition, the underpinning knowledge is delivered over 16 weeks.
Any time (Online)