Ekcen Training is both a career and job focused Centre that runs a number of programmes to assist various categories of clients, from the highly professional to those with low to medium educational attainment to develop skills to enable them to access a spectrum of work, retain job and career opportunities.
We are particularly adept at assisting clients with compound needs; including those first languages is not English, to develop basic functional skills to enable them to become active members of a civil society. Our staffs also have a unique understanding of how to support clients from deprived socio – economic neighbourhoods to become more confident about achieving positive life outcomes.
Our Training and Capacity Building Programmes
We run a menu of training and capacity building courses including: Early Years Educators, Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools, Health & Social Care Diploma, Functional Skills Entry Level 1 to Level 2 (English, Maths & ICT); New TAQA (Assessor & Internal Quality Assurance Award), Teacher Training (AET / CET / DET). We also run courses on confidence building and work preparation.
We have track records of several successful EQA visits testifying to the quality of the support we give to our learners, quality of their work and the skills & knowledge of our Tutors/Assessors/Internal Verifiers.
We are particularly proud of our success rate with clients undertaking training in courses relating to children and young people’s workforce and teaching assistant courses where over 90% of those who undertook this training obtained employment either during or on completion of the course.
Our vision is to transform lives and communities through learning.
The Centre Charter
Ekcen Charter sets out clearly and publicly our commitments to our learner/client. It indicates two (2) things:
- what they can expect from us and what to do if their reasonable expectations are not met
- what is expected of them if they are to make the most of the opportunities provided by us.
However, we are committed to the continual improvement of our services and we welcome our learner/client views about their experience.
Ekcen Training is a dynamic, career-focused further education institution, with a commitment to:.
- Continually strive to be a centre of excellence in education, learner experience, employ-ability and aspiration-raising at an affordable price.
- provide education and training for both young and old people
- be the main entry point to learning and achievement and to make a major contribution to the economic and community life.
To achieve this, we are committed to providing a wide range of educational opportunities, supported by a rigorous approach towards quality and value for money.
Our values are based around the acronym ‘PICT’ which Is summarised below:
- Professionalism: Committed, Innovative, Proactive and
- Always Striving for Excellence.
- Integrity: Honest and Upright.
- Customer Focus: The company customers pay our bills.
- Teamwork: United in Purpose and Fellowship.
The keys to success for Ekcen are:
- Responsiveness (reply and respond to quarries of prospective learners).
- Quality (accreditation from UK top awarding bodies).
- Relationships (developing loyal learners – referral of other learners).